Thursday, August 11, 2011

Youtube, Why?

It feels so awesome to do something that I like after so many months!

So after  reading this thread about Youtube country based restrictions, I thought may be I should put on a night out to build it. It's my first chrome extension.

Unfortunately, I cannot release it on Chrome Web Store as it requires me to register as a developer and I don't have a Credit Card to pay for that registration. It's not so finished anyway.


Points:
  1. Works with Cosmic Panda. Didn't try on normal youtube.
  2. After installation, right click the icon and set the 2 character country code.
  3. Suggestions and search results on youtube that are of videos that are not accessible in your country are now marked in dark grey.
  4. If you load more suggestions, just click the icon again. It will retry everything.
Leave a comment.
Take shared ownership, if you want. Just add my name, will you? It's my first extension, and I am sort of loving it. Or may be I am just too sleepy.

- Mayank Singhal


4 comments:

  1. I think it's great when you see an idea and become immediately enthralled to implement it. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    If you want to test the functionality, try DE as country code and search for "Lady Gaga" :)

    ReplyDelete