What is it?
It is like mailing lists. You create a channel, people subscribe to it. You send updates/notifications/reminders and all the subscribers, they get them as SMS for free. It's unidirectional communication at the moment, but give me a free, calm weekend I will make it a conversation tool.
How do you use it?
- You create a channel by registering on the page.
- You then publicize the channel and ask people to send
@channel subscribe YourChannelName to +91 92433 42000
- You send a message to all the subscribers from the site (or automate it using the API provided already).
Where can you use it?
- Department Placements: DPNs can create channels where junta can receive reminders about the PPTs, talks and workshops
- Clubs: Tell people to come to the meeting, participate in an event or send them results of the last.
- Hostels: Wing channels, create one and notify when there is a new chick in the wing. Who would not want to increase the volume of music when there are 'guests' around! ;)
- Blog/Website Owners: Create a channel for your readers, notify them about the updates of your blog.
- Daily Services: Create services like Daily News, Daily Jokes, Daily questions, Daily Vocab Building exercises and more! All you need to do is create a CRON job and use the developer API.
- And the list can go on and on and on!
- Search option for public channels
- 2-way communication
- Better statistics for the channel owners!
- Or anything else you want, just leave a comment!